NBC Membership 2016
Join Narragansett Boat Club to become part of a community of rowers encompassing all ages and abilities. NBC is open to all and welcomes new members at any time. Some of us row for the exercise and recreation while others are highly competitive. All of us row for the love of it - join us!
REGULAR MEMBERSHIP : Membership is for the calendar year: January 1 - December 31. Regular Members have all of the rights and responsibilities of full membership as defined in the Policies & Procedures. Rowing privileges extend to children under 18. Non-rowing parents must become Regular Members for their children under 18 to row outside classes. Children under 18 must always be supervised by an adult club member.
FAMILY MEMBERSHIP: Additional family member: This is for the rowing spouses or adult children (18+) of regular members.
72+ MEMBERSHIP: For individuals 72 years of age or older. A member will be eligible for this membership for the calendar year in which they turn 72.
U-27 MEMBERSHIP: For individuals ages 18-26. Those covered under a parent's membership will be allowed to stay under that membership until the calendar year after they turn 18. New members can join as a U-27 on the date of their 18th birthday. Rowers become Regular Members the calendar year after they turn 27.
CLUB HOUSE MEMBERSHIP: Provides use of the ergometers and places your name on our membership list. We do appreciate the support of our Club House members. The fee is set low to encourage these members to maintain contact with the Boat Club. There is no discount for classes. Club House members may not use the boats and do not have voting rights.
- Full access to boats that you are qualified to use, as determined by the Captain. Our fleet
- $90 discount for classes in the NBC rowing programs. (No discount for barge classes.)
- Social events, pot-luck parties, regatta participation
- Mentoring and informal coaching from our master rowers, including video analysis and rowing clinics.
- Use of club meeting room for private functions
- Formal and informal group rowing sessions
- Participation in exclusive events, clinics, and fitness testing
- Participation in club governance and decision making, including new boat acquisitions and improvements to the club’s facilities.
- Private rack rental: Inside or outside rack space available on a limited, yearly basis.
PLEASE NOTE: The cost for coaching in the classes or the competitive sweeps programs is extra.
RESPONSIBILITIES: All members are responsible for Boathouse security to insure the safety of rowers and the protection of the equipment. Members are responsible for the operation of the Club through active participation on committees, the Board of Governors, work parties and other functions. Please consult the Policies & Procedures to fully understand what is required of the members.
For more information and questions e-mail the Secretary at .